I hope that this message finds you and your family safe and well. I have been working very hard over the past few weeks in preparation for our return to treating patients on May 4th.
We can not express our gratitude enough for the understanding and patience you have shown during these uncertain times. Our main priority is for you to feel safe and protected when visiting us for your dental care. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Adminsitration (OSHA). We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies' recommendations. In addition to the standard safety and sterilization protocols in place by these agencies, I have invested in additional equipment and supplies to ensure that my staff and patients are safe in our office.
Below are a few of the additional safety and sterilization protocols that we have implemented.
- Installation of a FDA approved UVAIRx Air Purifier. This purifier utilizes NASA-developed photocatalytic oxidation (PCO) technology to actively purify the air and sanitize surfaces throughout the indoor environment. Most importantly they kill 99.6% of viruses.
- Integration of Isolite by Zyris and Dry Shield into each treatment suite. In conjunction with our current suction, we are now able to eliminate airborne dental aerosols by 90%.
In addtion to our current Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), our clinical team will aslo be equipped with the following:
- Full face shields
- N95 adn ASTM Level 3 Masks
- Disposable gowns
- Surgical hair caps and shoe covers
Hand santizer will be made readily available througout the office and upon entry and exit.
Patient screenings measures will include taking vitals with a forehead temerature scan, pre-screeningquestionnaires and updated patient health and dental history forms.
We will be adhering to social distancing as much as possible in the office.
- Patients will receive a link via email or text to the patient forms that need to be completed prior to entering the office. If that is not available an Ipad will be provided to you.
- Upon arrival at our office, we request that you text or call the office, so that we can immediately take you back to the treatment suites and eliminate patients sittting in the reception area.
- We ask that only the patient enters the office. Arrangements will be made for special needs patients, families with young children and block appointments.
This is just the beginning of the many steps I am taking to create a safe environment for your dental care. As always, we are here to answer your questions and/or concerns. Please call or text us at 770-395-1155.
I want you to know that I am doing everything to ensure a safe environment for my staff and patients, and as always that you and your family have the best dental experience at my office.
We are here for you as always,
Dr. Scott Veal, DMD
Veal Dental Care